Cool extra features:
fluid capabilities:water wind splash effects
giving objects a mass value (May be achieved via script in SP3.5, i.e write in scripted field: setMass(mass) )
adding friction settings
adding chemical and physical properties like fire, melting/boiling points, explosions, temperature, heat flow, electricity, electric field and magnet integration
and a proper help manual in pdf format
General requests for the program
- Particle Effects (achieved through lazyscript)
- Increased window size for the coding (achieved through lazyscript)
- You might want to use notepad++ as it has great syntax highlighter. Copy code into SP once you finish it.
- Ability to copy and paste sketchyphysics groups
- In SPIV
- Ability to create concave hulls
- Not possible with the current engine
- Increased sound support
- Chris is planning a full sound interface, probably for SPIV
- Mouse buttons registered just like keystrokes.(already possible)
- Introduction of an "Elastic" joint
- Ability to define group's weight in UI properties.(achieved through script)
- Ability control simulation with external input using serial or etc.
- Some kind of "explosion" ability, wherein you can make an object explosive in the shape settings, and the UI settings allow for force, explosion radius, timer, etc.
- Ability to increase the mass of an object (without adding any more objects to it)
- Possible via script in SP3.5. Open scripted field and write, setMass(mass)
- A SP chat tool bar so other SP users can help each other out
- A first person controller (keyboard W;A;S;D and mouse)(possible with (lazy)script)
- Import a sketchyphysics model in a sketchup file without loosing all information on joint connection.
- a more simple "beginner" mode
- piston and slider joint with a curve in it, so that it will follow a path.
- Convex Hulls that can have any shape, like static mesh, but not static.
- Block the Sketchup keys while the animation runs, release them when it's stopped
- Very simple: standard 50% opacity for the joints, so I can see what's behind it.
Bugs and glitches
- Convex Hulls should no longer mess up when resized.
- The UI should no longer crash if not clicked.
- In SPIV
- Emitted objects sometimes do not consistently follow blue axis if moved during simulation. (gun that sometimes fires backwards for example)
- This happens because the bullet is collidable. To fix this, set it noncollidable.
For the wiki
Any new pages/tutorials you'd like to see on the wiki
- Better navigation to get onto pages
- Where formulas are given, please describe what they do and how to make them work
- Please view the Ruby section (WIP) for information on script (formulas). See Script Overview in Main page.